I was going through my finished paintings to get them ready for printing to exhibit at Overload con ( www.overload.co.nz ) and I got to this piece
i've done a while back. Back then, I thought a lot about colours, and didn't care about values.. and now I realised that despite lots of colours I used, the picture ended up looking rather flat. SO.. I decided to rework the background (thank goodness Photoshop, for having the background in the completely separate layer.) I actually used the existing background I did... completely de-saturated it, and then worked more patterns, and painted stars.. and also used 3 different textures. (I use the ones I found on this website www.deluzions.net/blog/
Anyway.. I think the new version ended up looking much better, and now there's a clear focus (I hope) on the picture... and since I changed so much of the picture, I am submitting a new entry rather than just updating the old one...
This updated version is now on my Society6 store here: society6.com/YerinYoo/Loki-DUJ